Will my report be kept confidential?

While the information in your submission is not confidential, it will be kept private. Only individuals in University offices who need to know will receive the report. If you are looking for confidential resources, click here. 

Many referral forms offer anonymous reports. These reports are indicated on the Form Finder. If you choose to remain anonymous and the form allows you to do so, do not enter any identifying information (name, email, etc.) on the form. When anonymous referrals are submitted, it is important to provide as much detail as possible in order for the University to take the appropriate next steps. In most cases, it is preferable that you provide your name and contact information so that the University can respond most effectively to your report.

A Note about REPORTLINE: Users who are reporting through the REPORTLINE have the ability to communicate through a unique pin code while maintaining anonymity. REPORTLINE is a third-party reporting process. For more information, see the REPORTLINE FAQ.

What if the report I submit isn’t the right one for my situation?

Reports are reviewed and shared with the appropriate offices. Should a referral be submitted to the wrong office, it will be sent along to the more appropriate office for review.

Should I be concerned about retaliation by the person(s) I am reporting?

Students, faculty, and staff are protected from retaliation by the University’s policy that can be found here.

Will my report automatically result in an investigation?

The investigative process varies by type of report and incident, and the type of community member(s) involved (i.e., student, faculty member, employee, etc.). Depending on the nature of the referral, the University could determine that the matter requires an investigation, regardless of the participation of a reporting party or complainant. However, many investigations move forward due to the participation of the complainant. Please communicate any concerns you may have with a staff member.

Does this website and the forms included here apply to students, residents, and employees at UConn Health?

Not all of the forms included on this website apply to UConn Health, since not all offices have oversight on all campuses. Reporting forms that apply to UConn Health are noted in the Form Finder and on the Submit a Report page.

Individuals at UConn Health seeking to report other concerns involving students or residents may contact either the School of Medicine (860-679-7599), the School of Dental Medicine (860-679-2304), the Graduate School (860-679-3849) or the Graduate Medical Education (GME) Office (860-679-2147).

What if I still have questions?

Please direct any questions you may have to any of the Offices and Departments listed on this site. You may also browse a list of Contacts for each specific report.